Healthy Lifestyle Program for Patients with Prediabetes
Lose Weight. Prevent Diabetes.
Do you have prediabetes and a BMI greater than 24 kg/m2?
You may be eligible to participate in a weight management and healthy lifestyle program.
On average, participants have lost 14 lbs.
The Mary and Dick Allen Diabetes Center, in collaboration with the Advanced Primary Care Initiative, offers a Healthy Lifestyle Program. This program is based on the CDC’s Diabetes Prevention Program and is team-centered, integrating personalized nutrition, exercise, and behavioral change plans for people with prediabetes. The multifaceted program includes:
- Ongoing support from a health coach, registered dietitian, and clinical social worker
- Education sessions focused on maintaining a healthy, balanced lifestyle
- Monthly group meetings
- Flexible appointment times to accommodate your schedule
- Nutrition and fitness recommendations based on CDC Diabetes Prevention Program guidelines
Take this quiz to see if you qualify for this program. Yes = 1, No = 0.
- Have you been told you have pre-diabetes?
- Have you been told you are overweight or obese?
- Do you have a family history of diabetes?
- If you are a woman, have you ever been diagnosed with gestational diabetes?
Your total score: ______
If you scored 2 or higher, you may be at an increased risk for developing type 2 diabetes, also known as prediabetes.
If you are interested in participating in this program please talk to your primary care provider or call the Mary & Dick Allen Diabetes Center at 949-764-8065.