Hoag Center for Applied Genomic Technologies
Precision Medicine at Hoag
Hoag’s Center for Applied Genomic Technologies (H-CAGT) is a multidisciplinary approach to precision medicine. Using the latest advances in genomic technologies, targeted therapies, and research; Hoag applies precision medicine to diagnose, treat, and prevent diseases.
Why is Hoag Different?
- Multidisciplinary Team – Hoag offers a large multidisciplinary team dedicated to the protocols, evaluation, and education of precision medicine at Hoag, including a clinical genomic scientist, molecular pathologist, medical geneticist, genetic counselors, and led by a precision medicine director.
- Collaboration with Top Sequencing Facilities – Hoag partners with top laboratories to analyze tumors and sequence cancer genes.
- Science-Based Decision Making – Hoag utilizes numerous technologies and databases to offer personalized information that leads to more targeted treatment and information to help Hoag physicians care for their patients.
- High Risk & Early Detection Programs – For patients at an increased risk of cancer or cancers associated with their gene mutation, Hoag offers numerous screening, active surveillance, and early detection programs.
- Research – Whether it be one of the many available clinical trials at Hoag or elsewhere in the United States, Hoag’s Center for Applied Genomics searches for the most beneficial clinical trial to pair with Hoag patients.
Learn More About Hoag’s Precision Medicine Program
Applied Genomics at Hoag
Hoag Family Cancer Institute continually works to provide the very best care for our patients. Hoag’s Center for Applied Genomic Technologies and its team of highly-regarded industry experts are a testament to that. No other hospital in Orange County provides this level of personalized cancer care. Hoag’s Center for Applied Genomic Technologies team is here to support our oncology physicians and partners. If you are interested in access to this care, we encourage you to speak with your physician. If deemed appropriate, your oncologist, or referring physician, will work directly with Hoag's Applied Genomics team to review your case and discuss next steps.
Hoag Precision Medicine Program
Dr. Demeure of Hoag Answers the Question - What is Precision Medicine?