Sandy Southerland, BSN, RN, OCN
- Nurse Navigator
The Urologic Cancer Clinical Nurse Navigator is a unique asset to Hoag’s comprehensive urologic cancer program. The navigator serves an important role as facilitator and guide for patients, answering questions and providing support through each phase of treatment, including education on any procedures and what to expect.
Hoag’s urologic cancer clinical nurse navigator provides:
- Emotional support and guidance for the newly diagnosed patient and family
- Education for patients and family members about prostate cancer, its treatment and possible side effects
- Information about community resources and Hoag support services
- Help in coordinating the multidisciplinary care plan
- Assistance in navigating the healthcare system during and after treatment
To speak with Urologic Cancer Clinical Nurse Navigator Sandy Southerland, R.N., please call 949-764-1804.