Family Choice Hospice, a division of Hoag At Home
Make a difference by volunteering
When you donate your valuable time, skills, and energy by volunteering, you’re making an impact that positively affects the lives of patients and their families when they are truly in need.
Volunteers supplement the care to patients
Even the simplest of gestures — reading to or talking with someone — has a meaningful impact. There are many ways for you to contribute your time and talents. Our volunteers provide immeasurable support in such ways as:
- Visiting with patients
- Giving family caregivers much-needed relief
- Supporting the hospice by helping in the office
Volunteers support our commitment to caring
Whether you’re interacting with patients or helping in the office or special event, all you really need is compassion and a desire to serve others. Our volunteers:
- Are sensitive to the needs of others
- Have an open and compassionate heart
- Are excellent with interpersonal communication and listening skills
- Are not judgmental of the beliefs and lifestyles of others
- Have sufficiently resolved any long-term or recent losses
We request a commitment of one to two hours per week, while working with and accommodating your schedule. Other volunteer requirements include:
- Meeting the requirements for the hospice volunteer program starting with a phone interview to review requirements and assess interest.
- If accepted, successfully passing of requirements, such as Live Scan background check, health screening, volunteer orientation session, hospice volunteer training, and probationary review.
If you would like more information on our hospice volunteer program, please call 949-736-6150.