Breastfeeding: A Great Start eLearning (FREE Online Course)
As a Certified Baby-Friendly™ hopsital, Hoag is committed to educating mothers who choose to breasfeed. This FREE eLearning class provides valuable and basic breastfeeding information necessary to help ensure a rewarding breastfeeding experience for mom and baby.
Online Class Topics include:
- Preparation for breastfeeding during pregnancy
- Advantages of breastfeeding to mother and baby
- Getting off to the best start during the early days
- Establishing and maintaining an ample milk supply
- Positioning your baby at your breast
- How to recognize and avoid common problems
- Recognize when and where to get help when you need it
We recommend that you sign up for this online class around your seventh month of pregnancy
. Registration is required to obtain the online access code. Register Online.
Upon completion, if you have any questions, please contact one of our International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) on the Hoag Babyline 949-764-2229 (BABY).
Hoag Breastfeeding Clinic (After Baby Comes Home)
A one-on-one consultation with one of our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) Registered Nurses provides new mothers with support, encouragement and answers to questions that commonly arise when their newborn comes home from the hospital. Fathers or birth partners are strongly encouraged to attend.
One-on-one consultation includes:
- Individual attention to your specific concerns; latching and positioning
- Help with breastfeeding the difficult nurser
- Nutritional information
- Instructions on pumping and storage of milk
Appointments are required and there is a nomial $40 fee. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call Hoag's Babyline at 949-764-BABY (2229).
Hoag Maternity Boutique
Hoag Maternity Boutique carries a limited line of products including pump rentals, books, nursing pillows, and many other breastfeeding products. Call the Babyline for more information 949-764-BABY (2229).
It's All About the Breast: Educational Workshop
This one-of-a-kind FREE educational workshop, presented by an Nurse Practitioner, educates women on the basics of breast and ovarian health, provides concrete strategies for living a proactive lifestyle, and offers tools to assess your personal risk for these diseases. A lactation consultant will also discuss benefits of breastfeeding to mothers.