Breastfeeding - A Great Start
**This is a FREE online course** As a Certified Baby-Friendly™ hopsital, Hoag is committed to educating mothers who choose to breasfeed. This FREE eLearning class provides valuable and basic breastfeeding information necessary to help ensure a rewarding breastfeeding experience for mom and baby.
Online Class Topics include:
- Preparation for breastfeeding during pregnancy
- Advantages of breastfeeding to mother and baby
- Getting off to the best start during the early days
- Establishing and maintaining an ample milk supply
- Positioning your baby at your breast
- How to recognize and avoid common problems
- Recognize when and where to get help when you need it
We recommend that you sign up for this online class around your seventh month of pregnancy. Registration is required to obtain the online access code. Register Online.
Hoag Breastfeeding Clinic (After Baby Comes Home)
A one-on-one consultation with one of our International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) Registered Nurses provides new mothers with support, encouragement and answers to questions that commonly arise when their newborn comes home from the hospital. Fathers or birth partners are strongly encouraged to attend. For more information, view our Lactation Support flyer
One-on-one consultation includes:
- Individual attention to your specific concerns
- Help with breastfeeding the difficult nurser
- Nutritional information
- Instructions on pumping and storage of milk
Appointments required. Payment is due at time of visit. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call Hoag's Babyline at 949-764-BABY (2229).
Hoag Maternity Boutique
Hoag Maternity Boutique carries a limited line of products including pump rentals, books, nursing pillows, and many other breastfeeding products. Call the Babyline for more information 949-764-BABY (2229).