Hoag Family Cancer Institute support groups provide mutual support and information for cancer patients and their families. Groups are facilitated by licensed clinical social workers and oncology nurses. Discussion is focused on current issues faced by cancer patients and their support network. There is no charge for the following groups.
In addition to the support groups listed below, Hoag offers free cancer education programs to support patients in their quest for knowledge. For more information, please call 949-7-CANCER (722-6237) or view our monthly calendar.
Brain Tumor Support Group
- Held on the third Wednesday of each month from 3–5pm in the Hoag Conference Center, 3rd floor. This is both an educational and support group for anyone diagnosed with a primary brain tumor or metastatic disease. Family and friends are welcome to join us. For additional information, please call Lori Berberet, RN, MS, at 949-764-6656. Register Online for Brain Tumor Support.
Breast Cancer Support Group
- Designed to provide mutual support for coping with the day-to-day issues of diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. The group meets the first and third Tuesday of each month from 12:30-2:00 p.m. in the Hoag Cancer Center Auditorium. Register for the Breast Cancer Support Groups.
Gynecological Cancer Support Group
– Women Helping Women - This group focuses on the unique concerns faced by women with gynecologic cancers. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month from 10:00-11:30 a.m. in the Hoag Cancer Center Conference Room A. Register Online for Gynecological Cancer Support.
Head and Neck Support Group – A newly formed group for patients and their family or support persons that have cancers of the Head & Neck (ears, mouth, nose, sinus, throat and thyroid areas) The group is designed to provide mutual support for coping with the day-to-day issues of diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. This group meets the second Monday of each month from 5:30-7 p.m. in the Hoag Cancer Center Conference Room A.
Lung Cancer Support Group
– Designed to meet the educational and emotional needs of lung cancer patients and their families. The group meets the second Wednesday of each month from 6-7:30 p.m. in Hoag Cancer Center Conference Room A. Register for a Lung Cancer support group
Prostate Cancer Education and Support Group
- Offered to men facing prostate cancer and their families, a forum to educate and connect through presentations and facilitated discussions. The group meets the first Wednesday of each month from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in the Hoag Cancer Center Auditorium. Register Online
Prostate Cancer Discussion Group – A special group for patients with prostate cancer who are undergoing a complex, multi-modality treatment plan. Registration is required for this group. For more information or to register please contact Sandy Pollet, R.N., OCN, at 949-764-1804.
Bereavement Support Group
– Bereavement support for adults who have lost a loved one to cancer. The group meets the every Thursday of each month from 5:30-7 p.m. in Hoag Cancer Center Auditorium. Find comfort with a Bereavement Support Group