Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian (hereinafter referred to as “Hoag”) encourages engagement, and open discussion on our various social media sites and we look forward to interacting with visitors on these platforms. Hoag makes a reasonable effort to monitor all of our social media sites to ensure that all posted comments are appropriate and responded to in a timely manner. Our official Social Media Sites are: Facebook
, YouTube, Twitter
, and LinkedIn.
The use of social media sites for medical advice or medical commentary by non-HOAG affiliated physicians is prohibited.
If you are a Hoag employee, you must adhere to the Hoag Employee Social Media Policy and the Hoag Social Media Guidelines, which are accessible on the employee intranet site, the Wave.
SOCIAL MEDIA TERMS & CONDITIONS
A. The opinions and views expressed by individuals posting on Hoag hosted social media sites are not necessarily those of Hoag, its officers, employees, corporate affiliates, medical staff or members of its board of directors.
Hoag reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue access to any social media site, at any time, without notice and for any reason, and in its sole discretion.
You agree not to post content that is illegal, obscene, defamatory or threatening or abuse intellectual property rights on Hoag social media sites. Comments including but not limited to the following may be deleted and/or edited by the moderators:
- Violation of the privacy of Hoag patients and/or their families. See HIPAA policy here.
- Personal attacks
- Defamatory statements
- Foul language
- Offensive content
- Abusive or aggressive behavior
- Off-topic or redundant comments
Moreover, as a guest posting content to Hoag’s various social media sites, you agree to NOT:
- Post content to any Hoag social media site on the internet that will violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via these Terms.
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined at Hoag’s discretion.
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-Hoag services or products), promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation.
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent; or to share confidential pricing information of any party.
- Provide any content to a Hoag social media site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use Hoag social media sites to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use Hoag social media sites to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law
B. By posting content on any Hoag social media site, Hoag has the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any purpose.
C. Hoag may disclose your communications and activities in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of Hoag rights. You agree that in the event that Hoag exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, Hoag will have no liability.
D. All links to other websites are part of efforts to serve online participants. Hoag is not responsible for the content of these linked websites and such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites by Hoag.
E. The Terms are subject to change at any time without notice. Each new policy and revision will govern the usage of Hoag social media sites and is effective upon post.